Catalyst Express gives organizations the ability to automate reports on file content and metadata including location, name, size, extension, dates, duplicates, PII and more
HOLMDEL, NJ – Index Engines has announced the addition of stored reports and automation to Catalyst Express, the information management company’s free user data management software.
These reports allow one-click access to detailed knowlesge of up to 5TB of user data, including aged data, abandoned and active data, duplicates, large files, PII, and more. Reports can be run on demand or scheudled to run as needed.
“Most organizations don’t know what they have, if it has value, if it’s stored in the correct place, if it poses a risk or liability, or if it’s employee vacation photos and music libraries,” Index Engines VP Jim McGann said. “Catalyst will give them this insight into their data and help them determine and execute data policies.”
These canned reports can be used to understand what exists and develop an appropriate disposition strategy, or they can be customized accordance to the users needs.
Customized reports can include file metadata attributes such as path, file name, size, extension, accessed date, modified date, host names, Active Directory group membership, as well as security metadata including read, write, and browse access to files.
Reports including in this new product include::
• Abandoned files, those not accessed in more than 3 years.
• Active files, those accessed or modified within 90 days
• Duplicate content, files with the same document signature
• Large files, files larger than 1GB or 4GB
• Multimedia files, all video, music and image files
• PII, files containing credit card and social security numbers
Index Engines’ Catalyst product line scales to large global enterprise data center environments consisting of petabytes of unstructured data. The new Catalyst Express software is a no-cost entry point that allows clients to leverage the value of the Catalyst platform and begin to control costs and risk associated with unstructured user data.
Leveraging the rich metadata or full-text indexing in conjunction with Active Directory integration and security analysis through indexing of file ACLs, content can be managed with a single click.
High-level reports allow instant insight into enterprise storage providing unprecedented knowledge of data assets so decisions can be made on disposition, governance policies and even data security.
Upgrade options for Catalyst Express include:
• Additional terabytes of capacity
• Advanced data management policies
• Integrated forensic archiving and eDiscovery workflows
• Detailed indexing of file system audit trails
• Metadata and full content indexing of Exchange, Notes, and Sharepoint
• Federated search for distribute environments
• Support for data within backup images (tape or disk)
“Catalyst is implemented worldwide to help manage petabytes of critical business data assets,” McGann said. “With this new product Index Engines is providing a great opportunity to begin managing risk and costs associated with user data at an attractive $0.”
Catalyst Express is available for download at http://www.indexengines.com/catalyst-express